Contributors | 10th January 2015
By Gina Ciancio
We're loving natural timber and sorbet colours at the moment and this DIY planter box tutorial combines the two! Make just one or cluster three or more in different sizes for greater impact.
1. Make a box out of MDF wood and the L brackets. Ours is 40cm wide by 20cm high.
2. Screw two extra pieces of MDF wood as a base so you can rest your pot plant inside.
3. Screw on 4 dowel legs (screwing from inside the box to avoid the dowel splintering) and add timber brackets between the legs to secure them in place.
4. Cut your half round dowel down to 35cm lengths and paint some of these in your sorbet colours.
5. Glue the half round dowel around the face of the box using super strength glue. We stuck the dowel 2cm higher than the MDF wood so the pot plant would be hidden.
Once completely dry, add your greenery and style in your home!