Add a burst of colour to your home with these fun hanging planters! Colourful hanging planters are a beautiful way to display your indoor plants.
This DIY uses paper mache, and takes us back to our school days. Why not make several in different colours? Here’s how!
1. Mix one cup of flour and one cup of water with a whisk until you have a smooth paste (you may need to add a touch more water to achieve a thick but smooth, glue-like consistency).
2. Begin tearing strips of newspaper, cover them in the paper mache paste and lay them over the wire frame. Once the entire outer frame is covered, allow to dry and then repeat these steps to cover the inside of the frames.
3. Check you are happy with the coverage of newspaper on your baskets. You may like to mix up a third batch of paper mache to achieve a thicker or smoother finish on the baskets.
4. Optional step: You could either line your planter with a plastic bowl to protect it from water damage, or like us, you could apply two coats of waterproof.
5. Once dry, it’s time to paint! We love the combo of Blue Thunder and Cove Blue, particularly with the contrast of greenery.
You could also paint the chain in a metallic colour like copper or gold to add a bit of bling.
Be sure to either water proof or line your planter with a plastic bowl to avoid water damage to your planter.
Find more DIY ideas at stylecurator.com.au