Thinking of starting a painting project and need some painting tips? Undertake your DIY painting projects with confidence with the help of our online painting tips and tricks below.
Haymes paint is a family run business that has been crafting quality paints for over 80 years – so we know paint! Here are some useful house painting tips and links to pages with information on interior painting tips & problem solvers and exterior house painting tips & problem solvers.
House Painting Tips From The Experts
Our painting tips and techniques include the following must-do's:
- Clean painting surfaces
- Remove Mildew
- Prepare bare wood and glossy surfaces
- Prepare unpainted surfaces
- Prepare previously painted surfaces
- How to remove and prepare wallpapered surfaces
- Using the right equipment
Find information on these tips for painting a room here. We also have a fantastic range of DIY How-To videos that cover tips for painting walls, tips for painting a room and more.
Interior House Painting Tips
Need some interior house painting tips? We’ve put together some information on solving common interior painting problems like blistering, blocking, cracking, foaming, poor stain resistance, roller spattering and sealant failure. We also have answers to commonly asked questions that are also a great source of interior painting tips. Topics covered include:
- How much paint do I need to paint a small room?
- Is an oil-based paint or water-based paint better for outside?
- Which climate conditions are ideal for exterior painting?
- Which roller cover do I use for which paint?
- How can I remove mould from walls and ceilings?
Exterior House Painting Tips
Our exterior problem solver page includes useful exterior house painting tips for common issues like blistering, chalking, cracking, flaking, fading, frosting, nailhead rusting, tannin staining and wrinkling.
Get Painting Tips And Tricks From The Experts
If you’re looking for interior house painting tips or exterior house painting tips head to your local Haymes Paint store. We also have a Color Consultation Service with colour stylists who can help with tips for painting a room and what colours to use.