Master Bedroom Ideas (Paint Tips)
When it comes to creating a relaxing and calm décor for your bedrooms, there are so many options it can be confusing. Haymes Paint makes it easier for you with our master bedroom ideas. From changing the paint colour to decorating with wallpaper or changing the linen and cushions on your bed. Master bedroom decorating ideas can also include adding artwork, popping a relaxing chair in the corner to read a book in or changing the curtains or blinds.
Master Bedroom Design Ideas
When it comes to creating a calming bedroom, one of the simplest things to do is to change the paint colour. Choosing the right paint colour for your master bedroom décor needs to take into account the fixtures, furnishings and window treatments your bedroom already has. If you’ve got light coloured bedroom furniture, you could choose a bright colour for a feature wall. But if you’ve got dark bedroom furniture, a lighter paint colour will add brightness to your bedroom.
Additional master bedroom paint ideas include:
- Painting an accent wall behind your headboard in a regal emerald or royal blue paint colour. Contrast this with bright white walls and ceiling.
- Choosing a deep hue of paint in dark grey with contrasting white bed linen can give your master bedroom a cosy feeling.
- Boost your master bedroom’s visual appeal by using two paint tones; one on the wall, the other on the ceiling.
- A soothing soft blue paint colour can give your master bedroom a dream-like quality.
While researching master bedroom ideas, it’s helpful to download a Haymes Colour Card to your mood board. Once you’ve chosen your modern master bedroom paint colours, use our online paint calculator to estimate how much paint you’ll need. Need help with your master bedroom ideas? Our colour consultations make this process easy, enquire online.
Modern Master Bedroom Designs
While one of the easiest ways to update your master bedroom style is to use paint, these modern master bedroom ideas are simple and effective:
- Update your headboard with a pattern or floral design scheme.
- Change the lighting fixtures and add new bedside table lamps.
- Place an upholstered bench at the end of the bed.
Get More Advice & Get Started
For guidance and advice with your master bedroom painting project, visit your local Haymes store. They can also help you learn about good painting techniques and the best way to prepare the surface of walls, windows and doors.