How to Render
A great DIY job to tackle is learning how to render. Haymes Paint has easy to follow instructional videos to help you learn how to render like a professional.
How to Render a House Exterior
Knowing how to render a brick house is a lot easier than you may think. Before you learn how to render bricks you need the following:
- Empty bucket
- Disposable plastic drop sheets
- A plastic trowel
- An old paint brush for cleaning up
- Eye protection
- Disposable gloves
- Lambs Wool Mitt
- Paint stirrer
- Haymes Artisan Collection Rendercoat
Note: If you’re looking to render an entire house, instead of just a feature wall, we would recommend using our range of Rendertex products.
- Make sure the brick wall is dry, clean and free from dust
- Spread out drop sheets on the ground and use painter’s tape to protect surrounding areas.
- Moisten the lambs wool mitt applicator in a bucket of water and squeeze to remove any excess water.
- Before you apply the Rendercoat, mix it thoroughly, and keep mixing throughout the render application.
Step by Step Instructions on How to Render:
- Use the lambs wool mitt to apply a generous amount of render to the brick wall using a circular motion. Make sure the coverage is even and covers all brick joins.
- To get a smooth render finish, use the trowel in a circular motion
- To get a natural bagged finish, use the lambs wool mitt
- After drying for 24 hours, repeat the above process
View our other DIY how-to-videos for exterior projects to help you with your next DIY project.