How to Paint a Ceiling
Preparing a Ceiling for Painting
The most basic rule of how to paint a ceiling is to prepare the surface.
- Clean the area and get rid of any mildew present
- Wait until all the newly applied plaster is dried before applying any paint.
Therefore, the best way to paint a ceiling is to have a clean surface to work on, with all the tools ready to go. Watch the video below for step-by-step instructions.
Painting Tips and Tricks
"How to paint a ceiling with a roller" is a commonly asked question by clients. Although it may seem obvious to some, here are some tips and tricks to follow:
- You want to paint from the top down – which means ceilings come before walls
- Paint the corners or any hard to reach areas with a brush
- Coat the roller with paint, just enough for it to spread around the ceiling, not too much where the paint drips from ceiling
- The secret to how to paint a ceiling without roller marks is to maintain a wet edge as you go, and try not to overlap too far
We constantly improve formulations and bring new products onto the market. Along with browsing products on our website, you can also watch how-to videos, FAQ’s, and learn other tips and tricks to achieve the best outcome for your project.
Read Related Articles