How to Decorate with Wallpaper
Whether it’s for your living room, bedroom or home office, getting inspiration and ideas for how to decorate a room is always the first step. From choosing a paint colour and window furnishings to changing around your furniture layout. Some of the background work you need to do to know how to decorate a room includes:
- Assessing your space: how much time do you spend in the room? Is this a public space or a bedroom?
- Consider your needs: who shares the space with you? Does the room need to be shared with other members of the family?
- Decide on your style: browse social media pages, design blogs and interior magazines.
- Choose a colour palette: look at the images you like and see if there’s a theme developing. From neutral shades to bold or just pops of colour. For help choosing a colour palette, Haymes Paint Colour Consults who will take away any confusion and stress surrounding how to decorate a room.
How To Decorate With Wallpaper
Decorating with wallpaper is a fabulous way to add visual interest and to show off your personality. When thinking about how to decorate your walls, wallpaper should be explored within your plans and may include:
- Choosing a subtle colour and soothing shade for a bedroom wall or home office space.
- Using wallpaper on the ceiling in a child’s bedroom, a guest room or entrance hall.
- Wallpaper all the walls in a small space like a powder room. A bold design of florals or patterns can make this room more interesting.
- Cover half the wall with wallpaper – either the bottom half of the wall or the top half of the wall.
- Create a feature wall using wallpaper.
How To Decorate a Dining Room
When it comes to decorating your dining room, it must function well for homework, family dinners and entertaining friends. Tips for how to decorate your room that gathers your family and friends together include:
- Choosing the right table width: 1100mm is an ideal width and will suit most table settings.
- Consider the height of the dining table and chairs. Pairing a new table with old chairs or vice versa will show off your design prowess, but only if the heights are the same.
- If the dining room isn’t big, consider a round dining table.
- You can make an impact with bold colours in the dining room. Think deep blue and rich red colours to energize the space. View the Unearthed palette for inspiration.
How To Decorate A Bedroom
No matter what decorating style you have, your bedroom should be relaxing, cosy and feel like a retreat from a busy world. Tips on how to decorate your bedroom include:
- Keeping a minimum of 1 metre either side of the bed and sidewalls.
- To reduce clutter, only decorate and furnish your bedroom with what you need.
- Choose the right-sized furniture; it should fit your bedroom without feeling overwhelming.
- A light and bright colour palette usually makes a space seem larger than it is.
For help with knowing how to decorate a room or how to decorate a small bedroom, our Colour Consults can help.